Vizlib Community

Submit a ticket Sign in
Welcome
Login
Planned

Selection mode in objects [apply selection immediately when press on value / apply selection after pressing 'apply']

Hi,

all Qlik objects and almost all Vizlib objects have next selection mode as default: apply selection for all app immediately when pressing on value (and don't wait for pressing green Apply button). Active objects reload data every time we select a value. It is a great Qlik feature, which gives us more flexibility and better visualization. But sometimes, in case we need to select more than one value, we need it to work differently.

- issue 1. Poor performance: We need to wait for active objects reloading for each single value selection. In case of a difficult calculation or a huge amount of data it could take more time than we want to;

- issue 2. Container Object Active Condition: In case 'Active Condition' is equal to getselectedcount([field])>0 object become active after every single field selection. If field selection is made in another Container object (BarChart, for example), we loose possibility to select more than one value.

- existing solution. Calendar: One Vizlib object has already had a solution. 'Interactivity.Allow Quick-Select' Calendar option lets the developer choose a selection mode. By default it is Off - to select all the values firstly, selections will take effect after pressing the Apply button.

- proposal: 

To add 'Interactivity.Allow Quick-Selectoption to all other Vizlib objects (one by one, starting from BarChart); 

To predefine it as On - to implement selection for all active object for each selection before pressing Apply (this is how it works now);

4 people like this idea
  • Thanks for your insights and I will be sharing your comments internally...which may inspire changes in future evolutions of our Vizlib objects!

• Hi Roman, thanks for the feedback. Many of my client back when I was working with QlikView, requested this to be implemented for reason 1 - this is more challenging in Qlik Sense for users to do

The feedback is appreciated and we will consider where we could add this method across other extensions

Login to post a comment