Vizlib Home
Welcome
Login

VizlibCustomReport / Default Fields

Hi Support,

It is possible to add to the Custom Report chart the definition of mandatory Dimensions/Measures (preselected and to unselectable) for a specific Data Set?

I know we already have some great features like "Default State", "Preset" and now "Groups" to guide the users in the report creation.
Nevertheless, sometimes we have to handle complex data models with duplicated data that are not summable  (e.g. many data snapshots from a CRM  with a unique reference period) and the user may lead to wrong visualization if they don't display the right dimension.

Regards,

Domenico

2 people like this idea
  • Hi! 
    Thank you for letting us know your thoughts and how you want to work with the Custom Report!

What you request is actually one of the reasons we went for the option to have multiple data-sets. Then you can make sure within each data-set that everything works and as you mention you can also help users with Defaults and Presets but of course also with bookmarks. Depending on your solution it might be a good idea to create a number of bookmarks that will help the user navigate to the right data-set which is then "safe" or further exploration. 

(Also of course looking at best practice for how to build Qlik-applications such data-models as you describe should be avoided but I know it's not always that easy :-) )

Kind regards

Michael

1 person likes this
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

We already work with multiple Data Sets in many cases but unfortunately it can't solve  my current use-case. Also, working in the Retail industry as Qlik consultants since +6 years, we have faced these topics many times and I can ensure there is no way-out on the data modelling level that covers the whole UX.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if such a feature was in road-map. Since it is not, you can consider the topic closed.

Best,

Domenico

• Even if the feature is not on the roadmap yet it does not mean it could not be added. Especially if it is not a tricky request  :-)

So, if we added a feature that would make a dimension "mandatory" or "always selected" within a data-set. Would that solve your need? (Defaults/Presets/Bookmarks already solve the issue of having them selected when the user enters, correct?

Kind regards

Michael

1 person likes this
  • That's a great news!

Yes, that feature would solve our issue; it is already working with Defaults/Presets/Bookmarks where the only issue is if the users manually deselect the mandatory fields.

Best,

Domenico

Login to post a comment