Vizlib Home
Welcome
Login

Custom Report

Would be great, new options for Custom Report:

1. Combo view -> option for right scroll bar.

2. Combo view -> min Scale

3. Combo view-> Selected dimensions (limit dimensions values,  the result is to be able to eliminate scroll bar )

4. Table -> Show multiple dimensions when only one Dimensions is selected

5. Table -> order of Dimensions/Measures   to not change. Now it goes to end of the table when selecting

6. Table -> Mandatory Dimension. Option to not unselect some dimensions, or to have them shown always

7. Table -> Rename dynamically the measure in the table, but keep the measure label abbreviation in the Dimensions/Measures  menu. i.e Selecting UM, but show UM Jan-20.

8. Table -> Sort by Specific Table order when this field is not a default selected

1 person likes this idea
  • We would also find scaling options in the combo view useful. #7 would be useful at my company as well.

• Hi,

that was quite a list! Maybe you should give some users developer rights?  :-) 

We don't aim to rebuild all features of a developer but some of that might be relevant I think. Could I ask you to clarify a few things? Also added comments for some things you are able to do today. (Including #7 Melissa...)

1. Combo view -> option for right scroll bar.
    >>Do you mean start the scroll from the right?

2. Combo view -> min Scale
    >>Could you explain this a bit more?

3. Combo view-> Selected dimensions (limit dimensions values,  the result is to be able to eliminate scroll bar )
    >>Would a setting for "Max items on x axis" sort this request?

4. Table -> Show multiple dimensions when only one Dimensions is selected
    >>Why not use defaults, presets or bookmarks?

5. Table -> order of Dimensions/Measures   to not change. Now it goes to end of the table when selecting
    >>I think this might be the setting you are looking for?
    6. Table -> Mandatory Dimension. Option to not unselect some dimensions, or to have them shown always
    >>Can you not use presets for this and different data-sets? I see how some calculations would only make sense together with certain dimensions but the idea behind Custom Report is that everything is connected within a data-set to allow exploration. This could also be handled in the expressions where you can make sure the correct dimensions are there?

7. Table -> Rename dynamically the measure in the table, but keep the measure label abbreviation in the Dimensions/Measures  menu. i.e Selecting UM, but show UM Jan-20.
    >>This is already possible. Use master item label expression.
    Note that you must enable expression labels for that to work.

8. Table -> Sort by Specific Table order when this field is not a default selected
    >>Seems like something that could become quite confusing ;-).  You could however do this by adjusting the sort order  in the data set where you can use an expression. 

Kind regards

Michael
Login to post a comment