Vizlib Home Try Vizlib
Welcome
Login

Enhance Pivot Table Alternatives screen

Currently, the Vizlib Pivot Table Alternatives screen cuts off most of the description for dimensions due to lack of width. Measures are also cut off, but do have a bit more room. With the cutoff being only seven characters shown in some cases, this makes it very hard to use this screen. Hovering over an individual dimension or measure shows the full name, but doing this manually for every single one is not a great approach.

My suggestion would be to make the entire alternatives screen wider (it currently seems to only use up 50% of the width of the screen, give or take), or otherwise find a way to format it so that the dimension and measure names can be clearly read, at least up to a reasonable number of characters - there's probably any number of ways this could be done and I'm sure Vizlib's designers could come up with the best one.

1 person likes this idea
  • Hi Or,

As discussed on our call I will look into getting something in the works regarding this topic.

Thank you for taking the time to discuss this issue.

I see a fairly quick win, which was proposed by yourself, about clicking on the plus to expand the respective columns. I recon we can expand on this

Please note your unique ticket reference (#32857) and URL https://community.vizlib.com/helpdesk/tickets/32857

Kind regards,
    Luke T
    Vizlib | Product Manager
  •  Thanks, Luke.

Looks like this isn't the first time it's come up, but the title for the previous one didn't make it clear this is similar:

https://community.vizlib.com/support/discussions/topics/35000025363

•  Adding to the above, this is what the default for Excel pivot tables looks like (at least on my end).  I had comments from multiple users that they would find it easiest to use if the Alternatives screen was similar to this since it's what they already know and use.

• Thank you Or,

I can merge these two topics into one and so the force of development can focus on this.

Kind regards and thank you for the examples,

Luke

• Asking for the same thing