This article describes the steps required to download the Vizlib Library on Qlik Sense Desktop.
Note: You will need to create a Vizlib Account to access our Vizlib Library (Sign up here).
1. Login to the User Portal
- Log in to the User Portal at https://portal.vizlib.com/pages/home and select Downloads to open the downloads page.
- Select the Library option, then click on Download to open the download page. Extensions are also listed individually on this page, so you can also select a particular extension to download on this page.
Figure 1: Library Download Page
2. Download the Library or Individual Extensions
In the Vizlib user portal you have the following options.
- Download the Full Vizlib Library, which includes all available extensions in a packaged .zip file. This is recommended if it's your first time downloading Vizlib.
Figure 2: Library Extension
- Download individual Vizlib extensions, which will download selected Vizlib extensions in a .zip file. This is recommended if you already have the Vizlib Library installed and only wish to update specific extensions.
Figure 3: Extension Download
- Multi-version(Vizlib Subscribed User only). Subscribed Vizlib accounts will have the option to select fixed versions they wish to deploy to Qlik Sense.
- Important: We strongly recommend using fixed versions of our Vizlib Library and extensions in production.
Figure 4: Version Selection
- Enterprise (For Vizlib Enterprise Customers only). Vizlib Enterprise customers have the option to download Vizlib by clicking the Enterprise tab (Figure 5).
- The Enterprise tab contains the offline version of the extension (known as on-premise), so can be downloaded in offline mode.
- The Professional tab contains only the online version of the extension.
Figure 5: Offline Download
3. Extract the extension to your Qlik Sense folder
- Extract the .zip file to your default extension folder (documents/qlik/sense/extensions) in Qlik Sense.
4. Plug & Play - Vizlib Extensions can be used directly from Qlik Sense
- Once successfully imported, Vizlib extensions can then be accessed directly from the Qlik Sense client by visiting the Customer Objects tab in Edit Mode:
Figure 6: Custom Objects
Please reach out to email@example.com if you experience difficulties installing Vizlib.