This article describes the steps required to download the Vizlib Library on Qlik Sense Desktop. If you're new to Vizlib and would like to find out more about setups and using the site, you can watch our Getting Started webinar here before you start the installation.
Note: You will need to create a Vizlib Account to access our Vizlib Library (Sign up here).
1. Login to the User Portal
- Log in to the User Portal and select Downloads to open the downloads page.
- Select the Library option, then click on Download to open the download page. Extensions are also listed individually on this page, so you can also select a particular extension to download on this page.
Figure 1: Library Download Page
2. Download the Library or Individual Extensions
In the Vizlib user portal you have the following options.
- Download the Full Vizlib Library, which includes all available extensions in a packaged .zip file. This is recommended if it's your first time downloading Vizlib.
Figure 2: Library Extension
- Download individual Vizlib extensions, which will download selected Vizlib extensions in a .zip file. This is recommended if you already have the Vizlib Library installed and only wish to update specific extensions.
Figure 3: Extension Download
- Multi-version(Vizlib Subscribed User only). Subscribed Vizlib accounts will have the option to select fixed versions they wish to deploy to Qlik Sense.
- Important: We strongly recommend using fixed versions of our Vizlib Library and extensions in production.
Figure 4: Version Selection
- Enterprise (For Vizlib Enterprise Customers only). Vizlib Enterprise customers have the option to download Vizlib by clicking the Enterprise tab (Figure 5).
- The Enterprise tab contains the offline version of the extension (known as on-premise), so can be downloaded in offline mode.
- The Professional tab contains only the online version of the extension.
Figure 5: Offline Download
3. Extract the extension to your Qlik Sense folder
- Extract the .zip file to your default extension folder (documents/qlik/sense/extensions) in Qlik Sense.
4. Plug & Play - Vizlib Extensions can be used directly from Qlik Sense
- Once successfully imported, Vizlib extensions can then be accessed directly from the Qlik Sense client by visiting the Customer Objects tab in Edit Mode:
Figure 6: Custom Objects
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience difficulties installing Vizlib.