This article describes how to install Vizlib extensions on a Qlik Sense desktop (we're using Vizlib Library as an example). If you need to install Vizlib extensions on a Qlik Sense server, you can find a full set of instructions here.
Important: You will need to create a Vizlib account to complete the steps in this article.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Vizlib User Portal
- Download - Product
- Download - Extensions
- Qlik Sense Desktop
- Working with Vizlib Extensions
Vizlib User Portal
When you log in to the Vizlib User Portal it will open at the Products page (Figure 1), listing details relating to all your Vizlib products, including license type and subscription status.
Figure 1: Vizlib User Portal
You can find more information about the Vizlib User Portal in our Best Practice article here.
Download - Product
You can download a Vizlib product with one click.
- Go to the product you want and click the Download button on the right of the panel (Figure 2).
- The download appears as a .zip file at the bottom of the screen, and flashes when it completes.
Note: If you're just starting to work with Vizlib, we recommend this type of download.
Figure 2: Download Product
The Download link uses the Auto-update feature and automatically downloads the latest version of the package. Users with a subscription can also find a monthly bundle for the product by clicking Versions and searching the version history.
Important: We strongly recommend you avoid using Auto-update in a production environment.
Download - Extensions
You can also download individual Vizlib extensions in a .zip file, and choose a specific version of the extension.
Important: We strongly recommend using fixed versions of our extensions in production.
- Open the product you want in the navigation bar to open the homepage, or click on Learn more to the left of the download link (Figure 3).
- Click Extensions in the Information section on the right side of the screen.
- Find the extension download you want (you can filter on year and use the search bar).
- Click Online to begin the download. If you're an Enterprise user, you can also download an Offline version (in offline installations, the Qlik Sense Enterprise Server doesn't require an internet connection). Figure 3 uses an Enterprise account for Vizlib Collaboration as an example, so there are online and offline downloads displayed.
- The download will appear as a .zip file at the bottom of the screen and flash when it's completed.
Figure 3: Download Extensions
Qlik Sense Desktop
Once you've got the files you need, you can upload them to your Qlik Sense desktop.
- Open Qlik Sense, then extract the .zip file to the default extension folder (documents/qlik/sense/extensions).
Working with Vizlib Extensions
Once the extension file has been uploaded, you can start working with Vizlib extensions. When you're in Edit mode, you can find them in the Custom Objects tab (Figure 4) in Assets (the left hand settings menu).
Figure 4: Custom Objects
If you have any difficulties installing Vizlib products or extensions, please Vizlib Support .