When you're working with Vizlib Custom Report it's important to be clear about what you can and can't do. We've collected together some tips on best practice, along with known issues and limitations and listed them here for you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Let's introduce you - If you're new to Vizlib Custom Report, or looking to find some information, the Introduction page has links to the product resources and knowledge base articles.
- Data, set, install!- There are some steps you'll need to complete before you install Vizlib Custom Report which you can find in our installation guide. And after the installation, always use the data set creator wizard to start building your custom report, it's really quick and easy. You can always add expressions or edit data in the property panel once you have the basic version.
- Use templates - Templates in Vizlib Custom Report help you apply a look and feel instantly, saving you time and effort. You can even design your own and save them.
- Add a default state - We recommend setting a default state for your custom report, which opens at the start of every new session. You can find out more in our article here. If the default state the custom contains a small preset selection of dimensions and measures, the initial load time will be shorter.
- Customization - You can use the appearance settings to customize features of your custom report, like showing or hiding data sets. You can also enable trellis mode to show a separate object (panel) for each dimension value.
- Analytic Search - If you'd like to use a search bar in your custom report, you can find some tips and tricks in our analytic search article.
Back to Contents
Performance in Vizlib Custom Report should be very close to the performance of a single native table in Qlik Sense, as the custom report uses Qlik Sense native objects and hypercubes. These objects are created when you select dimensions and measures. If you feel there is a performance issue please make these checks.
- Create a native Qlik Sense table using the exact same dimensions and measures as you select in the custom report, and monitor for any differences in performance. The result will be cached by Qlik engine so you have to restart between tests.
- In the extension properties find the setting for Defer layout update (under Settings/Settings). This feature is essential when working with larger data sets since it limits the amount of times the values need to be recalculated. Enabling Defer layout update will cause the custom report to wait with updating the table until the Update layout button is clicked. This will allow the user to make several selections in quick succession without having to wait for the data set to refresh.
- If you are using a master item table as the source for the data set then use a very small selection, as tables with a lot of dimensions and measures will load more slowly with larger data volumes.)
For additional general tips, see our article on Best Practice and Performance Optimisation in Qlik Sense.
Back to Contents
If you're not able to export your content successfully, here is a list of checks and known issues you can use to troubleshoot and resolve any export issues.
- Make sure you have the correct Custom Report. To make sure, download the latest version from the Vizlib User Portal.
- Additional Support for Exports
- 2.4 fixed export from mashups when using a proxy and exports in September 2017 version of Qlik Sense.
- 2.5 added export to image/pdf/ppt.
- 2.6 added export to image/pdf in mashups (QAP).
- Mashups and additional features- We have an article on exporting objects located in a mashup and also some information on exports in our article on additional features.
Back to Contents
When you're working with Vizlib Custom Report it's important to be clear about what you can and can't do. We've collected together any known issues and limitations and listed them in this article for you.
- Calculation conditions in master items are not respected.
- Vizlib table cannot be used as a master item, Native Table should be used instead.
- Master measure/dimension colors only in Combo chart.
- A very small (collapsed) version of the extension could look nicer.
- Export to template only works in Qlik Sense Enterprise.
- Unpublished sheets in a published app can't use Bookmarks.
- Expression labels don't work in Qlik Sense November 2017 or prior.
- Using the selection back/forward option in Qlik Sense only work one step back for the Custom Report.
- Export to image/pdf, only exports the table/pivot/combo visualization.
- Qlik Sense September 2019 has a known bug with the function that Vizlib use for exports of images and pdf. This is fixed in the November 2019 Qlik Sense release.
- Setting groups on/off and selections on/off is not stored in defaults, presets or bookmarks.
- When customizing colors, we recommend using hex (0000ff) or RGB settings (rgb(0,0,255)). Qlik Color expressions e.g. Blue(80) are not supported.
- Defaults, Presets and bookmarks do not yet work fully.
- Voice recognition only works for English language and only in Chrome browsers!
- Not tested for Qlik Cloud (now Qlik SaaS).
- For Qlik Sense Cloud installations the increased delay in response time may lead to visualizations sometimes not rendering. This is typical when using both Analytic Search and menu selections in combination.
Back to Contents