When there is only so much space and you still want a lot of options the Climber Container extension does the trick. The Container object allows us to include alternative objects in the same space. The user can select what object to see either through a menu or just simple icons. A powerful but simple addition to the Qlik Sense user interface. More advanced users (super users or developers) can use powerful expressions to control what object is shown based on values or selections in the application making the experience both guided and flexible. Check out all features in the tutorial!
Note! The extension is created as a generic solution to allow for many different use cases. For instance the tab labels allow an expression so it is possible to create more dynamic solutions and we allow containers to be placed inside containers. However, we still want the solution to be user friendly so we have not exposed more technical options like the ability to assign object id with an expression. We have also kept close to the Qlik Sense design and do not allow for specific font-sizes (in pixels) to retain the possiblities for responsive design. Please have these considerations in mind when/if you suggest improvements to the extension.
|Container in container - hierarchy of charts ||Drop down menu|
Have you built something nice with our extensions? Screenshots and animated gifs of your work is always welcome.
Add your visualizations as master items
- Add the master item to the extensions
- Download the latest version
- Qlik Sense Desktop
- To install, copy all files in the .zip file to folder "C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions\cl-container"
- Qlik Sense Server
- See instructions how to import an extension on Qlik Sense Server
- No pdf/png export supported. (This also means no Nprinting support)
- Export to image/pdf/ppt for Filterpanes is not supported. (Limitation with QS)
|Qlik Sense Version||Recommended|