The Vizlib Selection Bar is the swiss army knife of our extensions that help you make selections quickly and constantly see the result. This horizontal selection bar has pre-selected values that allow fields, variables, and flags to be displayed. It is used in almost all our Qlik Sense applications and is the perfect way to create a nice toolbar. The extension also enables preset selections, linking to other Qlik Sense documents (document chaining), and make it easy to set variables and select dates. Watch the tutorial to see all the features in action!
- Download the latest version of Qlik Sense (3.0 or higher)
- Qlik Sense Desktop
- To install, copy all files in the .zip file to folder "C:\Users[%Username%]\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions\cl-horizontalselectionbar"
- Qlik Sense Server
- See instructions how to import an extension on Qlik Sense Server
- Select the type of list you need (Field,Variable,Flag or Date Range Picker)
- Enter a reference to:
- Field - Any field or an expression that works as a dimension
- Variable - Has to be an existing variable created either in the script or the gui. Selectable variables are entered in a comma separated list.
- Flag - Select a field that has a country name corresponding with the flag names. (Has to be a perfect match with the flag name so check the list of flags if you are not sure.)
- Date Range Picker - A field holding a date field with a "complete" set of dates. (i.e. no gaps in the timeline) It uses the DateFormat variable for the date format, both to parse the dates and when selections are made. If the Today expression is left blank it default to Now().
- Add a field label
- Add an initial selection if you want. This will also work with expressions such as "=Year(Today())-1".
- You can set initial selections to be updated once per session or every time you move to a sheet.
- Initial selections will not work on calculated dimensions/autogenerated date fields.
- After changing the default date format. The cache need to be cleared in order to get the date range picker to work.