The Custom Report is our most famous extension and cover the gap between using and developing. An easy-to-use extension that allows you to create custom tables based on data in master tables. Super users can easily create a template that is simple and safe for everyone to use. The user get the flexibility of adding and removing data from the table, moving and sorting columns but do not have to worry about the calculations being correct.
See how it works in the tutorial video!
- Create one or more Master Item Table(s) with the dimensions and measures you want to visualize. (Make sure that measure calculations are correct regardless of which dimensions are used.)
- Select Master Item in the drop-down or drag and drop it on the visualization
- Download the latest version of Qlik Sense (QS November 2017 or higher)
- Qlik Sense Desktop
- To install, copy all files in the .zip file to folder "C:\Users\[%Username%]\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions\cl-custom-report"
- Qlik Sense Server
- See instructions how to import an extension on Qlik Sense Server
The performance in the Custom Report should be very close to the performance of a single native table in Qlik Sense. The reason is that the Custom Report actually uses the native objects and hypercubes of Qlik Sense. The objects are created when you select the dimensions and measures. If you feel there is a performance issue with Custom Report please check this article.
- Calculation conditions in master items are not respected
- Master measure/dimension colors only in Combo chart
- A very small (collapsed) version of the extension could look nicer :-)
- Export to template only works in Qlik Sense Enterprise
- Unpublished sheets in a published app can't use Bookmarks
- Expression labels don't work in Qlik Sense November 2017 or prior
- Using the selection back/forward option in Qlik Sense only work one step back for the Custom Report.
- Export to image/pdf, only exports the visualization