The Custom Report is our most famous extension that covers the gap between using and developing. An easy-to-use extension that allows you to create custom tables based on data in master tables. The super users can easily create a template that is easy and safe for everyone to use. The user gets the flexibility of adding and removing data from the table, moving and sorting columns but do not have to worry about the calculations being correct. See how it works in the tutorial!
- Create one or more Master Item Tables with the dimensions and measures you want to visualize.
- Select Master Item in the drop-down or drag and drop it on the visualization
- Download the latest version of Qlik Sense (QS November 2017 or higher)
- Qlik Sense Desktop
- To install, copy all files in the .zip file to folder "C:\Users\[%Username%]\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions\cl-customreport"
- Qlik Sense Server
- See instructions how to import an extension on Qlik Sense Server
The performance in the Custom Report should be very close to the performance of a single native table in Qlik Sense. The reason is that the Custom Report actually uses the native objects and hypercubes of Qlik Sense. The objects are created when you select the dimensions and measures. If you feel there is a performance issue with Custom Report please check these two things:
1. Create a native Qlik table using the exact same dimensions and measures as you select in the Custom Report. Any difference in performance? (The result will be cached by Qlik engine so you have to restart between tests.)
2. In the extension properties find the setting for “defer layout update” (under Settings/Experimental Settings). That mode is made for handling larger data sets and will wait for the users to accept changes in dimension/measure selections before calculating the chart.
- Calculation conditions in master items are not respected
- Master measure/dimension colors only in Combo chart
- A very small (collapsed) version of the extension could look nicer :-)
- Export to template only works in Qlik Sense Enterprise
- Unpublished sheets in a published app can't use Bookmarks
- Expression labels don't work in Qlik Sense November 2017 or prior
- Expression labels only work for master measures/dimensions
- Step back/forward needs to be clicked twice if a measure/dimension is added/removed (only Custom Report+)
- Export to image/pdf in QAP only exports the table/pivot/combo visualization
- Export to image/pdf, when used in a Climber Container+, only exports the table/pivot/combo visualization
|Qlik Sense Version||Recommended|