All data sets added to the Custom Report can have a default state when a new session is opened, i.e. preselected dimensions and measures. Even the table column widths are saved in the default state and with version 3.4.0 and above the first column width of the Vizlib Pivot Table is also saved.
We recommend setting a default state, as it means your users will not need to start with an empty table.
- To create a new default state for a dataset, open the Custom Report sheet and go into Edit mode.
- Select the measures/dimensions you want to set in your default state in the property panel Data Sets tab (Figure 1).
- Click Save default state. After you add a default state you can always show your current default state by clicking on the button Show default state.
- To change your default state, just make your new selections and click Save default state again.
Figure 1: Save / Show default state
Figure 2: Visualization Types
If a visualization is not installed in your environment it will be grayed out and cannot be selected, like Vizlib Heatmap in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Visualization not Installed
Any deselected or uninstalled extensions will not be visible to users and not included in automatic chart selection.
Within a session, all selections between data sets will be saved, i.e. the default state will not be followed once a session is started. This makes it possible to easily change between data sets without losing the last state.
To change a preset, change your selections and click Save preset (Figure 5). You can always show a current preset by clicking Show preset.
Figure 5: Save / Show preset
You can create personalized bookmarks in Custom Report by using the standard Qlik Sense bookmark list to save a state. You can then go back to that state whenever you need it. As a default setting, bookmarks should be enabled.
- Enable bookmarks in the property panel of the Custom Report Object (Figure 6).
Figure 6: Bookmarks
- Click on the bookmark creator to open the bookmark list (Figure 7), and click Create new bookmark to add a new bookmark. If you need more instructions on how to create a bookmark in Qlik Sense, please see the article here.
Figure 7: Create new bookmark
- Select a bookmark from the list to open the location (Figure 8).
Figure 8: Select a bookmark
Groups for dimensions and measures are included in the Custom Report. With version 3.5.0 and above, whether groups are expanded or collapsed is stored within defaults, presets and bookmarks.
Technical Note! To support bookmarks using the Qlik Sense standard functionality, the extension creates and uses variables starting with ClimberCustomReport. These variables are stored in the selection state and therefore in bookmarks. This is not the default behaviour of variables created in the Qlik Sense client. If you accidentally delete the variable, entering Edit mode will recreate it if the app is not published. Variables are not automatically deleted. In the Custom Report, the state is stored even if Use Bookmarks is not enabled, but only applied if enabled.
Note on Master Items: If the Custom Report is used as a master item it is necessary to disable Use Bookmarks and then enable the feature again after it's been added to the master library. This is due to the Custom Report getting a new Id in Qlik Sense and a new variable needs to be created.