This article contains a list of tips and advice for best practices in Vizlib Teamwork. You can find a full list of all our support materials on the Introduction page.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Getting the Right Setup and Installation
- Teamwork and Vizlib Server
- Teamwork Settings
- Teamwork Performance
Getting the Right Setup and Installation
Before you start, here are a few tips to make sure your setup and installation go smoothly.
If you do get an error returned during setup, our Known Issues article has examples and advice on how to resolve any we've encountered in the past.
Software / Hardware Requirements
- The installation should run on your existing Qlik Sense server specification.
- For examples of architecture setup, please see our Vizlib Collaboration architecture guide.
Ports and Installed Software
- Port 1980 is used as a default, but other ports can be configured.
- PostgreSQL, the PM2 windows service, and the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 are installed.
- Node.js and npm are used but not installed.
- SSL/TLS are used with Vizlib Teamwork but are optional. Version 1.2 of TLS is used if required.
- You will need SSL certificates if you're using Vizlib Server, you can find more details here.
Qlik Sense - other installation types
- Qlik Sense - Serverless installations are only available to users with Professional Qlik Sense licenses. Integrating with Vizlib Server means users with Analyzer licenses will have access as well, you can find more detail in our factsheet.
- There is also limited support for Qlik SaaS, you can find a summary of deploying Vizlib extensions with Qlik SaaS here.
Teamwork and Vizlib Server
Vizlib Teamwork with Vizlib Server gives you access to a much wider range of functions, including integrating comments with Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Email, saving bookmarks, and managing your setup using Teamwork Settings in the Vizlib Management Console (VMC).
- Use the checklist in the Vizlib Server Prerequisites guide to gather the details you need for the installation, including requirements for SSL certificates.
- Watch the video tutorial of the Installation guide to help understand the steps in the process.
- Each setup has its own Configuration guide to help you integrate Vizlib Server with Qlik Sense.
- Once you've completed the installation, there's a Database Backup and Recovery guide to help you handle any post-installation database changes.
In Vizlib Teamwork, users add comments on a sheet or a specific chart, and the comments are saved. Here are some pointers on building and personalizing the extension.
- Accessing Comments - Comments are read from the database (with the correct access) and loaded into an app, or exported for other use cases. The VMC also has a comments browser.
- Users Profile Settings- By default, user names are taken from the list on your Qlik Sense Server. You can customize user profile settings with photos, and use the VMC to manage user names.
- Separating Comments - Comments are stored within a specific Workspace using the qId (object or sheet) and appId. You can separate comments using the Channel, Sheet, Hierarchy Groups, and Section Access.
- Security Access - Security Access from Apps, Streams, Fields, and Hierarchies is supported. If you use Vizlib Server, you can also configure access to Teamwork streams using Security Rules.
Vizlib Teamwork visualizations are processed using the Qlik Sense engine. We've compiled some advice about improving performance in Qlik Sense here