Templates (or pre-sets) are a new and innovative feature for Vizlib Extensions. It's a bunch of sample visualizations which already have details in place. They help to speed up the process of building your dashboards as well as to keep the consistent style and follow the same structure of the design.
You can find templates on the top of the property panel for each extension (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Templates
There are three sections in pre-designed configurations (Figure 2)
- Publicly available pre-sets from Vizlib Gallery, which are used by everyone but cannot be edited.
- Vizlib Templates published within your organisation, which are only visible to users within your environment.
- Your own personal templates, which are only visible to you until they are published within the organisation.
Figure 2: Template Types
So in order to build your dashboard using templates, all you need to do is to choose the template with a design that you like.
To store your own templates you need to create the design. You can modify an existing template or create your own from scratch by adding as many layers as you want. When you are happy with the template you have created, click Save to store the settings.
Figure 3: Save Button
To save the example you have created, you need to give it a thumbnail and a title (Figure 4).
For a thumbnail, you can click
- Import current view to take a screenshot of your template.
- Import from device to upload a file you want (for example - logo).
All saved templates will appear in the My Templates section (see Figure 2).
Figure 4: Save Settings