When you're working with Vizlib KPI Designer it's important to be clear about what you can and can't do. We've collected together some best practice tips for you, and also listed some known issues.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Let's introduce you - If you're new to Vizlib KPI Designer, or looking to find some information, the Introduction page has links to all the product resources and knowledge base articles.
- Work with the wizard - Always use the Setup Wizard to start building your visualization, you can always add expressions or edit data in the property panel once you have the basic version.
- Use templates - Templates in Vizlib KPI Designer help you apply a look and feel instantly, saving you time and effort. You can even design your own and save them.
- Figure out your formatting - Formatting data for your KPIs can be complicated if you need to meet certain requirements. We've created a formatting reference to help you work out the formatting you want.
- Performance - Vizlib KPI Designer runs using the Qlik Sense hub engine and each individual value is processed separately, which could affect the performance if you're adding multiple objects and master items in a single sheet. We've listed some recommendations to help you manage this risk, and there's also some general advice about improving performance in Qlik Sense here.
- One MI per layer - If you're using more than one master item in a KPI layer you'll find performance could be affected. It's better to have one KPI object and use multiple layers within the object, though we don't recommend using more than 10 layers per object.
- Layers make (Qlik) Sense - The Qlik Sense hub engine (see above) is better at processing layers than objects, which is another reason for having multiple layers in a single object.
- Expressions - If you're using Qlik Sense expressions, calculation time will increase as the expression becomes more complex.
Back to Contents
Tooltip - Tooltips are not displayed on mobile devices.
Custom Context Menu - The custom context menu (Figure 1) is not shown when launching Qlik Sense using the desktop client. To display the menu, navigate to http://localhost:4848/hub/my/work which will run much faster in a modern browser like Google Chrome or Firefox.
Figure 1: Custom Context Menu
Master Item Layer - Using master items with Qlik Nprinting is not supported.
Back to Contents