offers you the possibility to add one or more values via copy-paste. Transfer values, or whole table, from a separate system, a spreadsheet, and quickly add them, in bulk, to your as data inputs.
If you need to paste data, one value, or even a whole table, when using, there are some guidelines for you to follow.
- Pasting should be attempted in editable cells only,
- You can paste using the CTRL+V command to enter data you've saved on the clipboard.
- Click on an editable cell, so that the cursor is focused.
- Data will be pasted in the focused cell, and the cells to the right if you are trying to paste more than one column.
- If there is an empty row below the focused cell, the values will be pasted into the empty row.
- If there is no empty row below the focused cell, it should create a new row if add rows is enabled.
- Pasting can also be done using the Context menu.
- If there are no cells to the right to accept the pasted values, the operation will not complete and an error will be returned.
- If the pasted values do not meet any validation requirements, the operation will not complete and an error will be returned.
This example demonstrates how to paste an Excel table of 2 rows and 4 columns from the clipboard (Figure 1).
- Select the focused cell in the table (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Focused Cell in Table
- Use CTRL +V to paste the values into the focused cell and the column to the right (Figure 2).
Figure 2: Paste Completed
You can find a list of related articles in the Vizlib Writeback Table Overview.