Vizlib Waterfall helps to clearly and simply create visualizations for cumulative sets of values by applying dimensions and measures. Waterfall can work with both positive and negative values to highlight changes across a range of related data. It can be applied to a wide variety of use cases, we've included some examples here.
- Income Statements by region, by month, by P&L line.
- Revenue, Profit Flow.
- Inventory Balances over time.
- Contributions to Totals chart by region (replacing a stacked bar chart).
- Project Spend by Phase.
- Stock Price fluctuations.
- Variance to Budget.
- Customer or Subscriber Churn by month.
- Healthcare - Patient Days by Nursing Unit
To start working with Waterfall, open an app in Edit mode.
Vizlib Waterfall is held in the Extensions tab of Custom Options. Figure 1 shows a Waterfall extension create a chart showing the increased number of customers over the course of the year.
- Drag and drop the Waterfall object into the sheet.
- Once you've added the chart, you'll be asked to add the dimension (Month) and measure (New Customer Count).
Figure 1: Vizlib Waterfall Example
- You can also create a "measure driven" waterfall using more than one measure. Figure 2 shows an example using measures related to cashflow.
Figure 2: Measure Driven Vizlib Waterfall