TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What constitutes a Vizlib user license?
- How can I add a Vizlib user?
- Can I release Vizlib user licenses for a different user?
- Can I restrict how many end users can use Vizlib?
- How do you handle billing if I change the number of users mid-month?
- Can I add or reduce the number of users after I sign up?
- How do I know when to renew my license?
Can I release Vizlib user licenses for a different user?
Yes, when subscribed to Vizlib Professional, you can log in to the Vizlib portal and release licenses, these will then be consumed by the next new user on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Can I restrict how many end users can use Vizlib?
For Vizlib Professional, licenses are allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis. Once allocated, they are assigned to a particular user until manually de-allocated via our website.
To restrict Vizlib to a certain number of users, we recommend using Qlik Sense Security Rules to control access. Please see the section How Do I limit Access to Vizlib Products on Qlik Sense in our Qlik Sense FAQ section here.
How do you handle billing if I change the number of users mid-month?
We automatically do a pro-rata calculation. So if you have 10 users for the first half of the month and you add another 3 users, you will only be charged for any additional users in the second half of the month.
The additional pro-rated users will be billed the next month together with the renewal.
Can I add or reduce the number of users after I sign up?
Yes, you can log in to the Vizlib user portal and increase or decrease the number of users as you wish. You can find this information by selecting User Licenses from the Management menu (see Figure 1 above).
Your subscription will automatically be charged pro-rata with the new invoice updated at the end of the month.
If you've subscribed to a Vizlib product, you'll receive a notification 7 days before the license expires. The notification appears in any sheet where you're working with the product, and will contain the details shown in Figure 3.
- An email for your licensing contact, or an administrator.
- The name of the product (or products) due to expire e.g. Vizlib Library.
- The number of days until the license expires.
You can start the renewal process by emailing the contact in the popup. To stop displaying the notification, click either Close () or Don't Show Again and refresh the page.
- Close - the notification re-appears if you use the product again before the license renews.
- Don't Show Again - you won't receive any more renewal notifications about the product license, although you will receive a separate reminder if another product is due to expire.
If any of your product licenses do expire, you'll see the expiry notice page displayed (Figure 4).
Note on Offline License Renewals: If you're using an offline version of the product, you'll need to download the product zip file and upload them to Qlik Sense after the license is renewed. You can find step-by-step instructions here. Online customers don't need to complete this step.