This article contains fixes for any errors related to Vizlib Writeback Table and Vizlib Input Form.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Reload Failed Error - Section Access
- Clearing Reload Errors with Vizlib Support Mashup
- Reload Failed - Please Check Log File
- Reload Failed - Cannot Open File
- Data Connection Not Found
- Create App Button Not Appearing
- Does a Qlik Sense Analyzer License work with Vizlib Writeback Table / Input Form?
- Does Writeback Table / Input Form work on mobile devices?
Reload Failed Error - Section Access
If you're trying to open an app and return a Reload failed error (Figure 1) with the message
User 'INTERNAL\\sa_repository' is not able to open application. If application is protected with Section Access, add user 'INTERNAL\\sa_repository' as ADMIN, to resolve the issue`.
- Please check whether Section Access has been set up for the app, if so please ensure user INTERNAL\sa_repository is added as ADMIN in the Section Access script.
- In the Qlik Sense QMC, confirm it has full access to the app.
Figure 1: Reload Failed
Clearing Reload Errors with Vizlib Support Mashup
If Vizlib Writeback Table is generating Reload Failed or Access Denied messages for users, follow these steps to use Vizlib Support Mashup to provide security role information and resolve the error.
Note: This is only an issue if the Vizlib Writeback Table or Input Form is used without Vizlib Server. It is recommended to use Vizlib Server in production environments.
- Download the Mashup file VizlibSupport v1.0.2.zip, which you can find in the attachments section of this page.
- In your Qlik Management Console (QMC), open the Extensions directory and upload the mashup file. You can find install instructions in section 3 of our article here.
- Refresh your Qlik Sense Hub, then click on the icon in the top right corner of the screen and select Dev Hub (Figure 2).
Figure 2: Dev Hub Open
- Select the Mashups tab when the Dev Hub opens and click the VizlibSupport icon (Figure 3).
Figure 3: Support Mashup Open
- The mashup screen will open in the Preview tab. Click on View in the bottom right corner (Figure 4). You can also view the mashup with a URL. You can see an example structure below.
Figure 4: Mashup Screen
- To display a user's security settings. use the dropdowns Select User and Select App.
- Check the Status panel to see more information about the environment, selected app and selected user and how to resolve any issues.
- Click on Export JSON in the Status panel to save the information.
- Capture the information in a screenshot and send to Vizlib Support, either via email or via our Community site.
Reload Failed - Please Check Log File
Figure 5: Please Check Log File
If Vizlib Writeback Table reloads and returns a Cannot open file error for the QVD file path
when writing back to a data source (Figure 6) please check write permissions in the QMC to clear this error.
In the QMC, allow the user INTERNAL\sa_repository permission to access QVD files inside the folder specified by the Qlik Sense data source. Note: This permission needs to be enabled for both serverless and server-side data connections.
Figure 6: Cannot Open QVD File
Data Connection Not Found
If you are using Vizlib Writeback Table with a QVD/CSV/TXT data output type (for serverless and server) and return a Data connection not found error, please check the data load editor to make sure the data connection settings are set up correctly (Figure 7).
Figure 7: Data Connection Not Found
Does a Qlik Sense Analyzer License work with Vizlib Writeback Table / Input Form?
Vizlib Writeback Table and Vizlib Input Form can only be used with Qlik Sense Analyzer and Analyzer Capacity Licenses if you have an Enterprise user license for Vizlib Collaboration and create and use a server-side destination. Serverless writeback access is available, but only supports users with Qlik Sense Professional licenses.
Does Writeback Table / Input Form work on mobile devices?
Vizlib Writeback Table and Vizlib Input Form can be used on any modern browser. Since a connection to data is necessary they will not work offline. The Qlik Sense mobile application is not supported but a browser can be used instead.