This article contains fixes for any errors related to Vizlib Writeback Table.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Clearing Reload Errors with Vizlib Support Mashup
If Vizlib Writeback Table is generating Reload Failed or Access Denied messages for users, follow these steps to use Vizlib Support Mashup to provide security role information and resolve the error.
- Download the Mashup file VizlibSupport v1.0.2.zip, which you can find in the attachments section of this page.
- In your Qlik Management Console (QMC), open the Extensions directory and upload the mashup file. You can find install instructions in section 3 of our article here.
- Refresh your Qlik Sense Hub, then click on the icon in the top right corner of the screen and select Dev Hub (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Dev Hub Open
- Select the Mashups tab when the Dev Hub opens and click the VizlibSupport icon (Figure 2).
Figure 2: Support Mashup Open
- The mashup screen will open in the Preview tab. Click on View in the bottom right corner (Figure 3). You can also view the mashup with a URL. You can see an example structure below.
Figure 3: Mashup Screen
- To display a user's security settings. use the dropdowns Select User and Select App.
- Check the Status panel to see more information about the environment, selected app and selected user and how to resolve any issues.
- Click on Export JSON in the Status panel to save the information.
- Capture the information in a screenshot and send to Vizlib Support, either via email or via our Community site.
Writeback Error - Cannot Open File
If Writeback Table returns a Cannot Open File error when writing back to a data source (Figure 4), check whether the user performing the operation is permitted to create files inside the folder specified by the Qlik Sense data source e.g. writing to a subfolder instead of directly to C: drive.
Figure 4: Cannot Open File