When you're working with Vizlib Container Box it's important to be clear about what you can and can't do. We've collected together a list of best practice tips, as well as any limitations and listed them in this article for you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Let's introduce you - If you're new to Vizlib Container Box, or looking to find some information, the Introduction page has links to all the product resources and knowledge base articles.
- Work with the wizard - Use the Setup Guide to start building your container, you can always add expressions or edit data in the property panel once you have the basic version.
- Performance - Vizlib Container Box runs using the Qlik Sense hub engine and each individual value is processed separately, which could affect performance. We've listed some recommendations to help you manage this risk, and there's also some general advice about improving performance in Qlik Sense here.
- Rule of 6 - you can add more, but we don't recommend having more than 6 container objects in a sheet.
- Export, Snapshot, Print - for these functions, the container downloads a visualization, then renders it in the container, which can impact the performance. Let's look at Snapshot as an example - the container connects to Qlik Sense, gathers the data it needs, then takes a snapshot.
- Containers in Containers - to follow on from the last point, if you have a container within a container, the download and rendering has to complete twice.
Object Id - there is no function to assign object id with an expression.
Font Size - specific font-sizes (in pixels) are not used in order to retain possibilities for responsive design.
Export - Export to image/pdf/ppt for Filterpanes is not supported. (Limitation with QS).