If you're working with large sets of data, Vizlib Writeback Table offers a Form View to help keep your table scalable and readable. You can also choose to alter the layout of the table by changing the height of a row, to make the table more compact.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Form View Setting
If you enable the Form view setting, you'll be able to customize the format and layout of the table, hide columns and control which columns can be edited. However, with form view enabled, you'll also be able to drill down into a row to display all columns and edit data if you need to.
Figure 1: Writeback Table Form View
You can find and manage Form View in the Columns menu in the property panel (Figure 2).
Figure 2: Form View
Form View Wizard
- Click on Form View Wizard to open the wizard screen (Figure 3). Columns in the table will be on the right, other available Columns are listed on the left.
- Select an option from the Add Column dropdown if you want to add any new columns.
- You can drag existing columns from the Columns list and drop it into the editor.
- Change the column order by using drag and drop.
Figure 3: Form View Wizard
Note on Adding Columns: If you need to add a column without using the wizard, you can use the Add Column button in the Columns section of the property panel.
The wizard has 3 other buttons, which you can also re-order using drag and drop.
Hide All Columns in Table
Hiding Fields Inside the Form View Table
- Open the wizard and add a Group in the form (Figure 6).
- Select the fields to add to the group. We're adding Year and YearMonth in this example.
- Enter a name for the group in the text box, then click on Show Group If.
Figure 6: Add Group
- When the expression editor opens, add the code which will identify the fields to be hidden (Figure 7). This example uses an expression which means Year and YearMonth will only be displayed for columns which have the Product Group Desc value Beer. The column syntax would read
Column('Product Group Desc')='Beer'
Note: You can find other examples on working with expressions using column syntax here.
- Click Save to apply the changes, then click Done Editing to enter analysis mode.
Figure 7: Edit Expression
- Open a row using Edit which has a Product Group Desc value isn't Beer. There should be no Year or YearMonth fields displayed (Figure 8).
- Select Beer from the list of Product Group Desc values, then select Edit for a row. You should see the Year and YearMonth fields in the edit panel.
Figure 8: Display Hidden Fields