When you're working with Vizlib Filter it's important to be clear about what you can and can't do. We've collected together tips on best practice and known issues and listed them here for you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Let's introduce you - If you're new to Vizlib Filter, or looking to find some information, the Introduction page has links to the product resources and knowledge base articles.
- Setup - There are setup instructions in our Setup Guide which helps you to start building your filter. You can add expressions or edit data in the property panel once you have the basic version.
- Use templates - Templates in Vizlib Filter help you apply a look and feel instantly, saving you time and effort. You can even design your own and save them.
- Action! - You can add animations and Vizlib Actions to your filter to make it more lively and link your data to help with analysis (e.g. another sheet or a URL). But there are some limitations to working with actions which you'll need to take notice of.
- If you try to reference a field in an action and the field name doesn't exist, then an error will be returned. The following actions are affected - Selection in Field, Select Excluded, Select Possible, Select Alternative, Clear Field, Lock Field, Unlock Field.
- Viztips - Viztips is a very powerful tool to add to any extension, but you can only start using it with some preparation. Make sure the visualization using Viztips is set up with the dimensions and measures to give you the result you want, and has the set analysis you need.
- Performance - Vizlib Filter uses the Qlik Sense hub engine, and each individual value will be processed separately. Vizlib Filter can work with large data sets, but if you're working with very large amounts of data this will affect the Qlik Sense engine processing time and performance may become slower. It also helps if you don't click quickly and repeatedly on filter items, as each click generates a request and too many requests processing at once will affect performance. You can find more information in our article on Best Practice and Performance Optimization in Qlik Sense.
Back to Contents
We currently have no known issues reported in connection with Vizlib Filter.