Vizlib Gantt now supports Custom Items, which are visual components you can add without opening Edit mode (Figure 1). You simply right-click on the chart and make your selection. There are 2 types of custom events, Custom Events and Custom Milestones.
Note: To use custom event objects, please turn off touch screen mode in your Qlik Sense environment.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Figure 1: Adding a Custom Event
Adding a Custom Item
- Right-click on the chart and select Add Custom Item (Figure 2).
- Click on the item you want to add - Milestone or Event.
Figure 2: Add Custom Item
- When the screen opens, add the properties for your item. Figure 3 shows the screen for a custom event.
Figure 3: Add New Event
- Add a Start Date and End Date, and type in a Label name.
- Select values for a Phase and select a Group (attaching an item to a group is optional).
- Click Submit, and you'll return to the chart where the event has been added (Figure 4). Because we've not selected a group, it's been added as part of the phase.
Figure 4: Event Added
The process for adding a custom milestone also follows these steps, the only difference is that you'll add a single date rather than a start and end date.
Custom Event Objects - Property Panel
After you've added a custom event or milestone you can manage their properties in Custom Event Objects (Figure 5) in the property panel. As well as editing the label and dates, you can choose a Type (the example shows a milestone displayed as an image), the image size, and choose to display the label and / or tooltip.
Figure 5: Custom Event Objects
Custom Event Objects - Reference Lines
Reference Lines can be added as a custom event object (Figure 6) for a specific a date or timestamp. The example here shows a vertical reference line Phase 1 Handover with a Value (Date/Timestamp) of 05/02/2017. You can enter a Reference name, select a Color and enable the display with Show label.
Figure 6: Reference Line