Vizlib Gantt has a Setup Wizard to help you create a visualization quickly and easily. It's activated when you add a Vizlib Gantt object from the Custom Objects menu to a sheet.
Note on Data Models: You will need to make some changes to your data model before you build your first chart using Vizlib Gantt. You can find our data model requirements guide here.
If you'd like to see a preview chart, you can click Use demo mode (Figure 1) to generate an example.
Note on Demo Mode: The button is only active if no values are entered on the sheet.
Figure 1: Demo Mode
If you want to use the Setup Wizard, follow these instructions (Figure 2).
- Click on Custom Objects in the far-left panel, to open the custom objects menu.
- Select Vizlib Gantt.
- Click and hold the cursor on Vizlib Gantt.
- Drag and drop the cursor into the sheet.
- Drag the table edge (highlighted in orange) to change the table size.
- Select a value from the dropdown lists - in this example we're using Event ID, Event Name (Optional), Start Date and End Date.
- The Hierarchy Levels (Optional) radio button should now be activated. Select a value if you need one, then select a value for the Sub Event Group, Event Group, and Parent Event Group.
- Click on Create your Vizlib Gantt!! to exit the wizard and display the chart.
Figure 2: Setup Wizard
You can edit the dimension settings in the property panel (Figure 3), clicking Add dimension if you'd like to adapt the chart and show different values.
Figure 3: Dimensions Data