When you're working with Vizlib Table it's important to be clear about what you can and can't do. We've collected together guidelines for best practice in this article to help you work as well as you can, and listed any known issues and limitations we've discovered.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Let's introduce you - If you're new to Vizlib Table, or looking to find some information, the Introduction page has links to all the product resources and knowledge base articles.
- Work with the wizard - Always use the Setup Wizard to start building a table, you can always add expressions or edit data in the property panel once you have the basic version.
- Use templates - Templates in Vizlib Table help you apply a look and feel instantly, saving you time and effort. You can even design your own and save them.
- Performance - Vizlib Table runs using the Qlik Sense hub engine and each individual value is processed separately, which could affect performance if the table has a large number of values. We've listed some recommendations to help you manage this risk, and there's also some general advice about improving performance in Qlik Sense here.
- Care with colors - Using a highly customized color set will increase the time and effort the engine needs for processing, and can affect performance. Grouping color settings could help you reduce the impact.
- Size matters - It may sound obvious, but larger tables will take more time to load and complete operations if the engine is processing every event.
- Mini charts - Mini charts are great to use, but can easily become overloaded with objects. We recommend using them in tables with less than 1000 rows.
- Calculations add up - If you're using calculated dimensions, these will take longer to process than dimensions without calculations.
- Wrap up your tooltip - If you're using tooltip, you can add custom HTML to wrap the text, which is useful for long expressions. Here's a code example
'<br><div style="width: 100px!important; white-space: wrap !important; width: 7em; white-space: normal; word-wrap: break-word;">'&
'This is a sample tooltip to demonstrate text wrapping.'
Back to Contents
- Selection (Dimensions) - When Enable multiselect or Selections in dimension options are enabled Vizlib actions for dimensions are unavailable.
- Selection (Measures) - When Enable multiselect or Allow measure selection options are enabled Vizlib actions for measures are unavailable.
- Mini Chart Set Analysis - In version 3.16.0 of Vizlib Table (and above), Minicharts now support expressions with multiple parts and set analysis in all parts of the expression.
- Dimensions - If one of the dimensions used in the table is an aggregated dimension, the sparklines will not work properly
- Search - Search functionality in Qlik Sense June 2017 release, suffers in a scenario when two different apps are loaded into one mashup. This is not the case with subsequent versions of Qlik Sense.
- Search functionality has also been affected by a bug in the Qlik API introduced with April 2018 (ID QLIK-88628) and is not working as a result.
- Resize / Reorder - Dynamic Resizing & Column reordering in analysis mode is only stored in the session and reset when entered the app. In the future this stored your configuration into favourites will be possible.
- Context Menu - Right-Click Context Menu does not work in Mashups.
- Export - When exporting Table data to XLS/CSV etc., the totals won't be included in the exported file. This is a Qlik limitation.
- Export to CSV - If an export to a CSV file is returning an error, please duplicate the app, re-publish, and attempt the export again.
- Fontawesome - If you have issues from Qlik Sense November 2019 fontawesome icons, you can include the text below to resolve any missing fontawesome icons. Note the bold text shows the icon that can be changed.
<i class="fa fa-users fa-1x" font-family="FontAwesome"></i>
Back to Contents