If you're working with Vizlib products, we've created this article to show you around the Help Centre site, setting out how the knowledge base is structured and showing you where to find the information you need.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Vizlib Help Centre
Vizlib customer documentation is held on the Vizlib Help Centre (Figure 1), which you can access from the User Portal. The home page has a search bar for finding articles, and links for General articles, Vizlib Community (User News and Discussions), Feature Requests, and the latest Releases and Updates.
Figure 1: Vizlib Help Centre
Vizlib Product Documentation
The next set of links are for Product Documentation (Figure 2) with links to the root folders for Library, Self-Service, Finance, Gantt, Collaboration and Server.
Figure 2: Product Documentation
Product extensions all have the same structure, and each extension has an Introduction page, which acts as a homepage. The documentation categories are
- Introduction - An overview of the extension, with links to product documents and an example.
- Guides - “How-To” instructions on working with the extension (e.g. setup guides).
- Properties - Reference articles for the extension settings in the property panel.
- Best Practice and Troubleshooting - Tips on best practice for working with the extension, as well as known issues and steps on how to resolve common errors. You can find a full reference for all best practice articles here.
- Changelog - A record of release updates and bug fixes.
The last set of articles are for General topics, with links to FAQs for Vizlib, Qlik Sense and Vizlib Support, Best Practice Guides for the the Vizlib User Portal, Vizlib Partner Portal and all Vizlib Products, information on Licensing and Pricing, Global Settings (Vizlib Templates, Viztips, Vizlib Color Picker and Vizlib Actions and references for Vizlib Features), the full range of Product Catalogues, and Vizlib Legacy Documentation.
Vizlib Community and Support
The Help Centre also hosts Vizlib Community, which has a collection of pages where you can develop your own ideas, starting discussion topics, sending us feature requests, and keeping track of new features and releases, as well as links to the Vizlib blog and a collection of tips and tricks. If you've got to contact Vizlib Support, the Support FAQ article has all the information you need.