Use the Finance Report Scheduler Finance Report to set up an automatic process (or processes) to generate a report from a Qlik Sense app and distribute it to users at regular intervals, instead of manually creating and sending a report.
The report format aligns with the Export to Excel function from the Qlik Sense context menu.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Report automation
- User roles to setup and manage the report scheduler
- Report information required for the scheduler
- Setting up a Report Schedule
- Report Output - Example
User roles to setup and manage the report scheduler
At a minimum you must have the Content Admin role type to setup and manage the report scheduler settings in the Vizlib Management Console (VMC).
From the main menu, under the Finance Settings section, click the Finance Report Scheduler. (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Finance Report Scheduler
Report information required for the scheduler
The scheduler generates the report from a Vizlib Finance Report object in Qlik Sense. Before you start setup, note down the information you'll need to use in the report scheduler (Figure 2).
- You'll find the App name in the top bar of the Qlik Sense Hub.
- The Sheet name is listed on the right side of the top bar.
Note: The sheet must contain a Vizlib Finance Report object for the scheduler or the process won't complete.
Figure 2: Qlik Sense Hub
Setting up a Report Schedule
To schedule a report, complete the following steps.
- Open the Finance Report Scheduler page in the VMC under Finance Settings (Figure 3).
- Select the Stream, App, Sheet and Object you'd like to use.
- In Search Fields, click on the fields you need to create the report.
- Once you've selected the fields, select the Values you want to include in the report. If you select the Filter, you'll be able to add expressions to your field selections.
- When you've finished the selection, click Next.
Note: Expressions are calculated every time the report is generated, so expressions can be used to integrate dynamic field values into the report.
Figure 3: Schedule Export
When the next screen opens, configure the export information the report will use (Figure 4).
- Add a Report Name, and select the Access & Security level.
- Select a Virtual Proxy if you need one.
- In Define Schedule, select a Frequency, Month and Time for the report export.
- In Define output type, select an Output method from the available integrations.
- Add contact details for each Recipient (this example uses email).
- Move your cursor out of the Recipient field, then click Set Schedule.
- When the report is saved, you'll see it listed on the report scheduler page. If you need to run the report, or make any changes, click to open the edit menu.
Figure 4: Export Output
Report Output - Example
When the report is generated, each recipient should receive a notification (Figure 5). This example uses email and contains a downloadable version of the report, and a link to the report in Qlik Sense.
Figure 5: Example