Introduction to Vizlib Actions
Vizlib Actions consist of 32 different Actions across many of the Vizlib Extensions (read Vizlib Capabilities for an overview).
With it, users can create seamless workflows from Qlik that reach out to specific services such as creating tasks or sending emails. It seamlessly integrates with Qlik Sense & SaaS (Cloud) to streamline work and improve efficiency. Vizlib Actions is customizable for different needs and can transform the way users work with data!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
For an overview of Actions and what can be done, watch the below video, Data Storytelling with Vizlib Actions presented by one of Vizlib’s Product Managers, Luke.
Or you can watch this short video introduction for Vizlib Actions for Qlik Sense.
Vizlib Actions Category Overview
Vizlib's 32 Actions are placed into 7 categories:
- App Actions
- When activated the action is applied to the app.
- Export Actions
- Exporting data in a variety of ways (Data, PDF, Image)
- External Actions
- The API integration can have near-limitless possibilities.
- Field Actions
- Clear, Lock, and Unlock actions for fields.
- Selection Actions
- Selection-based actions.
- Sheet Actions
- Actions that apply to a specific sheet such as navigation.
- UI/UX Actions
- Provides users with options to improve the UI/UX of Actions.
Here are the key points to remember
- Actions are edited in the property panel.
- Actions can be stacked and executed in the order listed in the panel.
- Multiple actions can be added within one extension and sheet.
- Actions can have extension-specific properties.
- Vizlib Table evaluates input/values at the row level.
- Vizlib Sheet Menu (Plus) allows actions before or after navigating to the next sheet.
- Vizlib KPI Designer warns against using Saces [ ] or Square brackets [ [ ] ] in field names for Global Action settings - i.e. [Sales] should be written as Sales.