Pivot Table - Adding Interactive Sorting Feature
Could you please add the feature of interactive sorting in your next release/roadmap of the Vizlib Pivot Table?
I am essentially referring to the functionality that allows the user to select a measure (table field for his perspective) and see all the table columns sorted based on the values of this field (in an ascending/descending order).
feature already exists in the Vizlib Table.
2 people like this idea
Thanks for your feedback & suggestion,
This is a challenge at the moment since the sorting is managed by the Qlik Engine and does not natively have an option for sorting by measure, which is why this feature does not exist for the Qlik's native pivot table in Qlik Sense
I think this one might be difficult to design, as well. What do you expect to happen insofar as sorting when a column is clicked? Do we:
* Sort every row individually, which breaks up the pivot structure? This is basically what happens in a table, but there are no pivot limitations there.
* Sort every row and then re-build the structure so the first dimension is the one with the single highest row, etc?
* Sort the first dimension , keeping the rest in the same order?
* Sort within every dimension internally, keeping the structure intact? This results in secondary dimensions being sorted differently within each preceding dimension.
* Sort each dimension individually based on its total, and then assign the pivot structure based on that? This maintains the same secondary dimension order within each preceding dimension but may be confusing to users.
* Sort within some (but not all) dimensions, keeping the structure intact?
* Something else entirely?
There are some workarounds for specific aspects of pivot table sort-by-Y-value around which you can find on Qlik's site - perhaps those will help depending on which of these approaches fits your needs.
I understand that it is more complicated than the table sorting but I think this is a huge hole in the pivot table functionality. It would be great for the user to have some power over sorting without having to edit the visualization. By default, on a click, I would expect it to sort the top dimension by the measure you clicked and then while keeping the dimension structure in place, sort each sub dimension by that as well. If that is too difficult, how about making it part of the edit Vizlib Pivot Table menu a user can pop up to add or remove alternate dimensions. In there, you could offer sort options similar to what Excel has on it's pivot tables when you go to sort a Pivot Table and choose more sort options. You get a drop down of what dimension you want to sort and then a drop down of what measure you want to sort it by. If you wanted to sort multiple dimensions, you go through the sort exercise for each one.
Being able to sort a pivot table :
* by measure and dynamically (means ability ofr the user to select the measure to use for the sorting, asc or desc)
* and including the fact that sub dimension are also sorted
is a very important feature...
conditional formula, try several ways found on internet, but all have issues, and are not functioning at all.
Example that works in Excel: CONTINENT SORT BY UNITS measure
Currently impossible to do that with QLIKSENSE, as far as I know, even with set analysis in the Sort section.
We just want some standard sorting possibilities, actually. If the problem comes from QlikSense, perhaps you could check with them to improve their tool :(
3 people like this
Totally agree with you, Bosc. With just your last sentence you perfectly summarized a main topic. Unfortunately acronyms (e.g. NLQ, AI, etc.) sells more than basic features...
Hello, do we have any updates about these standard sorting possibilities on Qlik or Vizlib ?
Have one of my user that want to being able to sort a pivot table by measure (Sum(Amount) for example) and dynamically IE including the fact that sub dimension are also sorted.