Vizlib Home Try Vizlib
Welcome
Login
Implemented

Input Form - Show field content

The input form currently can't show the actual field value. So if you make a selection based on a key that you use to link the data of the input form to, The previous content that was related to this key can't be shown in the input form, making it very hard to overwrite data that has been written to the destination before.

This is really a deal breaker for some of our customers. 

• Hi Neil,
    that is possible. Unless I misinterpret your request I think you are looking for one of the two features in this small app. You can either use a default value (which will then change based on selections if you wish) or you can use a calculated column where you use the column syntax to get a value from another column. 

Both examples are on the second tab of the app.

Kind regards

​Michael

Please note your unique ticket reference (#25588) and URL https://community.vizlib.com/helpdesk/tickets/25588

qvf
  • Hi Michael,

I'm not sure that's exactly what I meant.

I've attached a screenshot to this reply that shows our use case in this scenario. What I'm trying to achieve is that for example the drowdown shows the value that is written away via the input form extension before. The same with for example the text box in the image. If no data was written away for a specific selection (in this case on a project number) then the defaults apply as it should. But when you select a project that was updated before via the input form the values that are written away before should be visible by default for that project.

I don't think that's possible yet? At least not via the example app you sent me, right?

Rgrds,

Neil.

example.png
    (540 KB)
  • Hi Neil,

I would say it is possible with the defaults but maybe I am missing something? 

In the example app we select from filters to get the values in the input form but we could select in a table with the same result. 

Data written back to the app in a previous Writeback is available just like any data in the application (there is no technical difference since it is included in the Qlik Sense data model after reload). So in the example LT and Amanda Honda could have been input by us at a previous stage.

• Hi Michael,

I see what you mean but the big limitation there is that it should be in a plain text box. There is no option, like in my screenshot to do this with a drowdown menu for example. In this case it always remains in a free input field, right?

If it's easier, we can quickly schedule a call to further explain?

Rgrds,

Neil.

• Hey Neil,

we could schedule a call if you want. No problem. Still want to make sure the rest of the community get the same information though :-).  This is good feedback and food-for-thought on how to make these things easier to find and use. 

As for your example you could do that for drop-down too if you want. You will need to (or actually don't need to but probably most practical) use a field for you drop-down and that could then follow the selections elsewhere in the app.

• Hi Michael,

Can you schedule a call? If possible, I'm still available today except from 1PM till 3PM. I'm available tomorrow the entire day as well. Can you send an invite to neil.vets@atonce.be?

Rgrds,

Neil.

• Hi Michael,

Sorry for my misunderstanding. I now see your point. It was idd already implemented as you marked this request. At my end the fields were renamed in the model which caused the mismatch.

You might consider providing this as an option to include in the extension for users to provide which field contains the value to display as in certain cases you might want to partial reload modification and renaming fields for consistency reasons. Just an idea of course. 

But for now, my issue is resolved :-)

Rgrds,

Neil.

Login to post a comment