This article contains information on how to deploy Vizlib products to work with Qlik SaaS (Qlik Cloud Services). Note on Third Party Extensions: In Qlik Sense Business/Enterprise SaaS, third party extensions cannot be exported. You can find a full description of the limitation here.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Installing Vizlib products in QCS
- Content Security Policies - Configuration
- Qlik SaaS API Limitations
- Further Information
If you haven't worked with Qlik SaaS deployments before, we've included this video on visualization extensions in Qlik Sense SaaS deployments (including Qlik Sense Business and Qlik SaaS):
Installing Vizlib products in QCS
In order to install extensions in QCS navigate to the Administration page (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Administration
Open the Extensions section and add the Vizlib extensions .zip files:
Note: Due to current limitations, you may need to upload extensions individually.
Figure 2: Add Extensions
Content Security Policies - Configuration
Additional rules need to be added into the Content Security Policy section in order to use the online/SaaS versions of Vizlib in QCS. These are commonly known as CSPs.
Note: For Enterprise offline versions of Vizlib products, this is not needed, since there are no external requests.
Figure 3: Content Security Policy
Navigate to Content Security Policy section and add three security policies with the following hostnames:
- static.vizlib.com -> Vizlib's CDN use for static content (fonts, css, open-source libraries, etc.)
- bouncer.vizlib.com -> Vizlib's Distribution Service (transfer of extension code & licensing)
- collaboration.vizlib.com -> Vizlib Collaboration Service
- templates.vizlib.com -> Vizlib templates
Figure 4: Vizlib Static
Figure 5: Vizlib Bouncer
Figure 6: Collaboration
Figure 7: Templates
Now you will be able to use Vizlib value-added products in SaaS editions of Qlik Sense.
Qlik SaaS API Limitations
While Qlik SaaS can be used to deploy Vizlib products, there are several known issues related to the Qlik SaaS API which we've listed here.
- Third party extensions cannot be exported, please read the Qlik Sense article here.
- It is not possible to create a sessions app with a session cookie.
- The owner is the only user who can reload the application with Enigma doReload and doReloadEx. Therefore, reload ermissions cannot be granted to other users, and partial reloads are not possible.
- User authentication with Vizlib Server is not possible, so session cookies cannot be used. An OAuth 2 implementation could resolve this issue, but is not currently supported.
For more information on Qlik SaaS, please visit the Qlik Sense extension documentation page here for Qlik Cloud Services here.