With Vizlib Writeback Table you can paste one (or more) values into the table from a spreadsheet, or even a separate system, quickly adding them - in bulk - as data inputs.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Guidelines and Errors
If you need to paste any data into a table, there are some guidelines for you to follow.
- Pasting should only be attempted in editable cells.
- Use the CTRL+V command to paste data you've saved on the clipboard.
- Click on an editable cell to focus the cursor.
- Select Single Cell or Multi Cell pasting.
- Data is pasted into the focused cell, and the cells to the right (if you are trying to paste more than one column).
- Pasting multiple rows from a spreadsheet (e.g. Microsoft Excel) is supported.
- Pasting can also be done using the Context menu.
An error will be returned if
- There are no cells to the right to accept the pasted values.
- The pasted values do not meet any validation requirements for the cell.
Single Cell and Multi Cell
If you try to paste some data from the clipboard into a writeback table cell which has multiple rows supported (see the Customization article here), a pop-up dialog will open which asks you to choose between single cell and multi cell paste operations (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Paste Options
Multi Cell will paste data into multiple cells (you can see an example using the first 4 table rows in Figure 2).
Figure 2: Multi Cell Example
Single Cell will paste multiple rows into a single cell (Figure 3 shows an example).
Figure 3: Single Cell Example
This example shows how to paste an Excel table of 2 rows and 4 columns from the clipboard.
- Select the focused cell in the table (Figure 4).
Figure 4: Focused Cell in Table
- Use CTRL +V to paste the values into the focused cell and the column to the right (Figure 5).
Figure 5: Paste Completed