Customise and control your charts and dashboards easily with Vizlib Switch. Turn measures, dimensions or colours on and off or switch between the charts in your container grid. Combine this UX capability with your visualisations to make controls and options easy to access and improve the user experience.
Vizlib Switch is quick and easy to add, as you can choose from a list of pre-loaded Templates, finishing your design in a few clicks. You can even save your own switch template to re-use in the future. If you'd like more information about working with templates, please read our article here.
You can see how the switch works in Figure 1. There are 2 switches in the top left of the screen, Account Rep and Account Type. These switches are linked to a dropdown menu displayed in the centre of the screen. We're going to use Account Type as an example here.
Figure 1: Vizlib Switch
- To enable the switch, you slide it to the right, and it will change color. This will display a new column Account Type in the table.
- If you select a value from the Select an Account Type dropdown, the table will display only the rows which match the selected value. For this example, the field is End User.
- Sliding the switch to the left will disable the column and you will no longer be able to view it.
Like any other Vizlib extension, y
If you open your sheet for editing and highlight the Switch, the property panel will be displayed on the right of the sheet under Switch Items (Figure 2), and here you'll be able to create, edit and delete switches and manage their properties.
Figure 2: Switch Items
You can use Vizlib Switch to change any variable which can be defined in a Qlik expression.
- Toggling Dimensions
- Defining Measures
- Changing Charts (see Vizlib Containers)
- Changing Dashboard Views
- Updating KPI sets
- Updating themes or accessibility settings (Vizlib Sheet menu custom CSS)