We've collected some Frequently Asked Questions about Vizlib Support here for you. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please contact Vizlib Support.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What are Vizlib's Support Hours?
- How do I Contact Vizlib Support?
- What Information do I add to a Ticket?
- How do I Track Tickets?
- How do I Add Colleagues to CC When I Raise a Ticket?
- Can I Receive Product Updates?
- Can I Request New Features?
- How do I Share Large Files with Vizlib Support?
What are Vizlib's Support Hours?
We offer support for UK and US (Eastern Time) business hours 8:00 to 17:00. You can find our full contact details on the Vizlib Homepage here.
How do I Contact Vizlib Support?
There are several options for contacting Vizlib Support.
- Click Create Ticket in the Support section of the Vizlib Portal, completing the form and clicking Create Ticket (Figure 1).
- Click Submit a Ticket in the top menu bar of the Vizlib Help Centre, completing the form and clicking Submit.
- Click to open the chat window and select Technical Support Issues.
- If you're not logged in to the user portal, you can email@example.com email.
Figure 1: Create Ticket
You can find a list of your tickets in the user portal on the Tickets page in the Support section (Figure 2). If you'd like to request more information, click Discuss.
Figure 2: Tickets
If you've reported a bug, it will be tested against the extension's latest version, the 5 previous major releases for the extension and the current version of Qlik Sense. We will ask you to upgrade to a newer version if the bug has been fixed or cannot be reproduced. If an upgrade doesn't resolve the issue, we may need to call you to progress further. Our support team is based in Europe and the US. You can find full details here.
We may send you a reminder if we are waiting for your response. Please let us know if the case can be closed or click the Close button to avoid reminders being sent. We aim to communicate frequently with customers who have questions or report bugs, so that we can support you during your data visualisation journey.
What Information do I add to a Ticket?
We always recommend you add as much information as you can when you're logging a ticket. For technical issues, please include the following information:
- Console logs of the error. You can find instructions on how to gather the logs here.
- Description of the error and screenshots, if possible.
- Vizlib product or extension - you can find information on how to check these details here.
- Current Qlik Sense version and patch number (if applicable) and where the issue is occurring. You can find out how to check for Qlik Sense versions here.
How do I Track Tickets?
Tickets can be tracked by the individual ticket requester. We have this structure in place currently as it meets global security standards, but we are aiming to offer companies the option for to share tickets across accounts and make them visible to colleagues in future.
How do I Add Colleagues to CC When I Raise a Ticket?
You can add colleagues to any tickets you've raised by adding them in CC. Just click and you will be able to add email addresses (Figure 3). You can add multiple email addresses by separating them with a comma.
Figure 3: Add CC
Can I Receive Product Updates?
If you register for a Vizlib account, you're automatically added to our mailing list and should receive our monthly updates. To keep up to date with the latest releases, please click Follow on our New Releases and Updates page.
Can I Request New Features?
You can request new features in the Feature Requests forum in Vizlib Community, where they can be assessed and added to our product roadmap.
How do I Share Large Files with Vizlib Support?
Sometimes we may require you to share an example app with us. This helps us identify your underlying question or issue faster, so we can spend time on resolving your issue.
You can share large files with us quickly and securely on the Share files with us page in the Support section of the user portal (Figure 4).
Figure 4: Share files
Click on Upload file to open the upload screen, then add the file (you can drag and drop or browse), add a description and click Upload.
We'll receive a notification once your file has been shared, and you'll be able to view the file upload in on the upload center homepage. It's a quick, easy and secure way to make sure we have the data we need to work with you.
Note on File Size: Just as sending large files in an email can take longer to complete, sharing large files can also mean longer uploads and in some cases the upload process may fail. We recommend a maximum file size of 10MB.
If you have any questions about file sharing (or anything else), you can contact us by using one of the channels summarised in How do I Contact Vizlib Support?