Qlik Sense mashups are webpages that contain Qlik Sense app objects, such as charts and data. You can interact with the objects in the mashup in the same way as you can with charts in an app.
Mashups are great for sharing, as they can be embedded in a web page and viewed using a link. You can create and design your own, and you can use them to integrate with Vizlib products as well.
Create a Mashup
You can find mashups in the Qlik Sense Hub by opening the menu button in the top right of the screen.
- Right Click on the Hub Menu button and select Dev Hub to open the homepage (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Dev Hub
- Select the Mashups tab to open the list of available Mashups (Figure 2).
Figure 2: Mashups Tab
- Click on the Create new mashup button to open the popup (Figure 3). Enter a name for your mashup and select a mashup template. For working with Vizlib products we recommend choosing the Basic mashup template.
Figure 3: Create Mashup
- Once you've created the Mashup, you can work on adapting it. If you click on an existing mashup, it will open in a separate window. Figure 4 shows a version of the Vizlib Support Mashup.
- The Preview tab will be displayed first, with the other tabs controlling the mashup look and feel. Edit the code in these tabs to change the mashup appearance.
Figure 4: Vizlib Support Mashup
- Click on the View button in the bottom right of the screen to open the mashup in a web browser.
Example - Using Vizlib Support Mashup
Mashups are great for sharing and editing code, if you'd like to see how Vizlib use them, there's an example in the Vizlib Writeback Table - Troubleshooting document headed Clearing Reload Errors with Vizlib Support Mashup.