To start working with Vizlib Waterfall, open an app in Edit mode.
Vizlib Waterfall is held in the Extensions tab of Custom Options. Figure 1 shows a Waterfall extension create a chart showing the increased number of customers over the course of the year.
- Drag and drop the Waterfall object into the sheet.
- Once you've added the chart, you'll be asked to add the dimension (Month) and measure (New Customer Count).
Figure 1: Vizlib Waterfall Example
- You can create a "measure driven" waterfall using more than one measure. Figure 2 shows an example using measures related to cashflow.
Figure 2: Measure Driven Vizlib Waterfall
- You can also change the orientation of a waterfall, switching from a vertical to horizontal axis when you need it (Figure 3).
Figure 3: Waterfall Orientation
- The Axis labels will tilt if the display space decreases (Figure 4).
Figure 4: Axis Labels