When you're working with Vizlib Waterfall it's important to be clear about what you can and can't do. We've collected together some tips for best practice, known issues and limitations and listed them in this article.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Let's introduce you - If you're new to Vizlib Waterfall, or looking to find some information, the Introduction page has links to the product resources and knowledge base articles.
- Work with the wizard - Always use the Setup Wizard to start building a waterfall chart, you can always add expressions or edit data in the property panel once you have the basic version.
- Go large - If you're working with larger data sets with a wide range of values, a waterfall chart can be a good choice, as it highlights the difference between these values. If the difference is too small, the appearance can look too much like a line chart. Variance waterfalls (where the difference between two measures is displayed using dimension values as bars) can be particularly effective.
- There is an alternative - Vizlib Waterfall can be used with alternative dimensions and measures. If you add alternatives, you'll be able to choose the measure you prefer when you're using analysis mode, changing the outcome of the chart for a much more adaptable and varied used experience. If you'd like to add more focus to your chart, look at adding reference lines to help users analyze the chart data.
- Viztips - Viztips is a very powerful tool to add to any extension, but you can only start using it with some preparation. Make sure the visualization using Viztips is set up with the dimensions and measures to give you the result you want, and has the set analysis you need.
- Performance - Vizlib Waterfall uses the Qlik Sense hub engine, and each individual value will be processed separately. If you're working with very large amounts of data in your waterfall, this will affect the Qlik Sense engine processing time and performance may become slower. You can find more information in our article on Best Practice and Performance Optimization in Qlik Sense.
Back to Contents
- Subtotals are not available in charts created using dimensions.
Back to Contents