TABLE OF CONTENTS
Before you start the configuration, make sure you've gone through the items on this checklist, completing each process and collecting each piece of information.
- Vizlib Server - You need to have Vizlib Server installed on the target server. You can find instructions on installing Vizlib Server in our article here.
- SSL Certificates - You'll need a separate set of SSL certificates (Figure 1) for each node, for an environment with 3 nodes, you should have 3 folders containing their SSL Certificates, each with a unique name. Exported SSL certificates can be found under the path.
/Qlik/Sense/Repository/Exported Certificates/.Local Certificates
Figure 1: SSL Certificates
- A username and password for the Vizlib Management Console (VMC) or a user account with Root Admin access. Find out more about VMC user roles here.
- Port numbers and host URLs for the QlikSense Proxy Service (QPS) and the QlikSense Repository Server (QRS).
Note on Adding QS Nodes: While each new node will have similar settings to the central node there are a couple of important differences.
- The URL paths of the certificates should be saved in a separate directory with a unique name. We recommend using the node name, see the example below for a node Rim01.
- The domain used for QPS and QRS settings should include the node name.
Log into the VMC, then navigate to System Settings > Qlik Sense to open the configuration screen.
Enter the configuration for the central node (Figure 2). Select the Certificate Type, then add the paths for each certificate. Tip: Click on the icon to show instructions on exporting Qlik Sense certificates.
Figure 2: Central Node Configuration
Click Restart (upper right corner of the VMC screen) when the information has been added. You will need to restart Vizlib Server after you add a Virtual Proxy to save the updated settings.
Check that a green tick is showing in the Qlik Sense panel on the dashboard (Figure 3), to show the configuration is correct.
Figure 3: Dashboard Example
- Repeat the process for each rim node in your environment. Start by Clicking on Add QS Node (Figure 4).
Figure 4: Add QS Node
For each node you configure, should see a green tick on the dashboard.
Figure 5: QPS / QRS Successful Configuration
Next Steps - QMC Configuration
To complete the configuration for a Multi-Node Qlik Sense Environment, you need to configure Virtual Proxies using the Qlik Management Console (QMC). The instructions are in our article here.