Vizlib Gantt now supports Custom Items, which are visual components you can add without opening Edit mode (Figure 1). You simply right-click on the chart and make your selection. There are 2 types of custom events, Custom Events and Custom Milestones.
Note: To use custom event objects, please turn off touch screen mode in your Qlik Sense environment.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Adding a Custom Item
- Custom Event Objects - Milestones
- Custom Event Objects - Property Panel
- Custom Event Objects - Reference Lines
Figure 1: Adding a Custom Event
Adding a Custom Item
- Right-click on the chart and select Add Custom Item (Figure 2).
- Click on the item you want to add - Milestone or Event.
Figure 2: Add Custom Item
- When the screen opens, add the properties for your item. Figure 3 shows the screen for a custom event.
Figure 3: Add New Event
- Add a Start Date and End Date, and type in a Label name.
- Select values for a Phase and select a Group (attaching an item to a group is optional).
- Click Submit, and you'll return to the chart where the event has been added (Figure 4). Because we've not selected a group, it's been added as part of the phase.
Figure 4: Event Added
The process for adding a custom milestone also follows these steps, the only difference is that you'll add a single date rather than a start and end date.
Custom Event Objects - Milestones
Milestones are a single event object, also known as an event that has the same start and end date.
Milestones can be added whenever you are in edit mode or in analysis mode on an unpublished Qlik application. Using the right-click menu seen in Figure 2 you can quickly add a number of milestones with little effort.
When you publish your Qlik application, no one can add a custom milestone but they are all viewable by anyone who has access to view your Qlik application. You will have to duplicate the application and then include the new milestones before republishing the application.
Custom Event Objects - Property Panel
After you've added a custom event or milestone you can manage their properties in Custom Event Objects (Figure 5) in the property panel. As well as editing the label and dates, you can choose a Type (the example shows a milestone displayed as an image), the image size, and choose to display the label and / or tooltip.
Figure 5: Custom Event Objects
Custom Event Objects - Reference Lines
Reference Lines can be added as a custom event object (Figure 6) for a specific a date or timestamp. The example here shows a vertical reference line Phase 1 Handover with a Value (Date/Timestamp) of 05/02/2017. You can enter a Reference name, select a Color and enable the display with Show label.
Figure 6: Reference Line