When you're working with Vizlib Sheet Menu Plus it's important to be clear about what you can and can't do. We've collected together some tips on best practices and known issues and limitations and listed them here for you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Let's introduce you - If you're new to Vizlib Sheet Menu Plus, or looking to find some information, the Introduction page has links to the product resources and knowledge base articles.
- Work with the wizard - Always use the Setup Wizard to start building a chart, you can always add expressions or edit data in the property panel once you have the basic version.
- Use templates - Templates in Vizlib Sheet Menu Plus help you apply a look and feel instantly, saving you time and effort. You can even design your own and save them.
- Action! - You can add animations and Vizlib Actions to your to make it more lively and link your data to help with analysis (e.g. another sheet or a URL).
- Performance - Vizlib Sheet Menu Plus uses the Qlik Sense hub engine, and each individual value will be processed separately. If you're working with very large amounts of data in your chart, this will affect the Qlik Sense engine processing time and performance may become slower. You can find more information in our article on Best Practice and Performance Optimization in Qlik Sense.
- To get the best performance out of your Vizlib Sheet Menu Plus, please define it as a master item/object when you are using the Vizlib Sheet Menu Plus across multiple pages.
- When having Extend Sheet enabled on the Qlik sheet, on scrolling through the sheet the Custom Theme background colour isn’t applied when we have Sheet Menu Plus on the sheet. The solution here is to Refresh the page.
- For some applications that use the Sheet Menu Plus and Native Qlik Charts, there appears white space at the bottom of the Qlik Chart when initially loading onto the Qlik App, this is because we cannot have control over Qlik Charts. Making a selection removes this space. As the image below shows, the Qlik Bar Chart has white space (highlighted with the red box) and the Vizlib Bar Chart has none. We recommend using our charts as we have more control over them when users load the Qlik App.
- For people using the Sheet Menu Plus and have the Selection Bar hidden and have visualisations at the top of the page. Making selections on these items, the Confirm Selections [ x ] [ ✓ ] are hidden behind the Sheet Menu Plus' menu header.
- The Vizlib Sheet Menu Plus is supported in the past six (6) Qlik Sense versions and in Qlik SaaS.
- We do not support other environments outside of Qlik Sense & SaaS. The following is what is not supported: Mashups, Embed sheets, Storytelling, nPrinting or PDF printing.